Q: I just had water pump replaced and I'm having issues.

asked by on October 27, 2016

I just had water pump replaced. Since then, my car shakes at stop light and tries to cut off. When I'm driving, my check engine light starts blinking.

Hello. It sounds like something was not reinstalled correctly. The fact that the Check Engine Light is flashing tells me that there is an engine misfire. This can be caused by a loose connection or it may be something that just happened to fail like a coil or spark plug.

To avoid making any unnecessary repairs, I suggest having this misfire diagnosed by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can pinpoint the issue firsthand and fix it accordingly.