Q: Cruise control not working 2001 Subaru Forrester

Iv tested the ohms of the actuator it was good vacuums line good getting vacuums to it the master switch on the dash lights up how do I know if the lever on the wheel is good

Hi - first thing to check is the fuse(s) for the cruise control. Next is to check brake light switch and bulbs for proper operation. If the brake light switch is stuck in the "On" position, the cruise control will not work. On some vehicles, if a brake light is out (bulb or other issue), the cruise control won’t work. Otherwise, tracing power to the cruise control unit as you have started doing, is the correct diagnostic path. For assistance, I would recommend an electrical system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Cruise control not working 2001 Subaru Forrester