Q: Whining noise while releasing the throttle

I've got sort of a whining noise when I release the throttle. I guess it's the gear box but it could be the clutch.

Whining noise is almost always caused by some kind of a bearing problem. So you might get a stethoscope or get somebody to listen. Jack it up in the air and stick it inside and listen to the throw out bearing. It could be the throw out bearing starting to go. You’d want to pray that it’s a throw out bearing and not the main shaft bearing or gear box because that is really expensive. Also, check the fluid in the transmission too, because when it’s low, it makes a whining noise so fill it back up. If you need to have this looked at, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the car’s noise and run the necessary tests to diagnose this issue.