Q: Truck screaming

My truck started screaming and I can hear a light knocking noise. Next the air conditioner went out, followed by oil leaking from underneath the truck. It still starts and drives.

A: Hello. It sounds like your AC compressor ma...

Hello. It sounds like your AC compressor may have failed. If the compressor fails internally it will lock up and cause the belt to squeal and make this noise. The compressor can also release oil when it fails. I would start by checking to see if the belt is still on the engine. If it is, then I would remove it and try spinning the compressor by hand to see if it moves. If it does not, then it needs to be replaced. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your truck’s noise and air conditioning issue so that proper repairs can be made.