Q: My taillight lens has been broken, should I just change the whole assembly or should I let yall fix it?

I just want to know what would we cheaper and better

Older vehicles used to have replaceable lenses (just screwed on) but most vehicles made in recent decades have the lens integral with a housing or larger assembly. Depending on the vehicle, the cost of the assembly is often manageable particularly when you consider that for some cars there are aftermarket producers who are vending the assembly. So, to answer your question, if the broken lens is integral to a "housing" or larger assembly you don’t have much choice in how to fix it (particularly if you are in a state that requires annual motor vehicle inspections) but there is a chance the assembly is not all that costly anyway. Also, your mechanic can procure a used assembly from a website such as www.car-part.com and install it on your car. YourMechanic can replace the taillight assembly during a mobile visit and also assist you with any other maintenance needs that you might have on the vehicle such as oil and oil filter changes and air filter replacement.

• My taillight lens has been broken, should I just change the whole assembly or should I let yall fix it?