Q: Car made a loud noise and now won't run

I went to turn my car on and as I was turning the key I heard a very loud pop coming from under the hood and I tried to start it again right after and it turns over and starts but dies right away. I looked under the hood and as I opened the hood white smoke poured out everywhere. Every time I try to start it the smoke comes out again from the same area. It's coming from the front driver's side corner of the car. I looked under the car and there wasn't any fluids on the ground or anything.

This sounds like potentially some backfiring and possibly a blown head gasket if you are seeing white smoke. Some things to consider are: did the car overheat at all last time it ran? Have you noticed any water leaking from anywhere under the hood. Are there any Check Engine Lights on? As for the popping sound, this could be a variety of things but is most likely the result of a misfire creating the backfiring. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the backfiring symptoms firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Car made a loud noise and now won't run