Q: I have a 09 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base Sedan has about 85k miles. After driving the car for about 15-20 on really hot days it starts m

asked by on June 18, 2017

I have a 09 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base Sedan has about 85k miles. After driving the car for about 15-20 on really hot days it starts making a high pitched whinning noise then probably 15-30 mins later my car struggles very much to accelerate and the whinning is a lot more present . No lights come on nor is my car start overheating . If I pull over and turn the car off and let it rest for a while then it drives like nothing's wrong with it and the whinning is still there but not as loud . Do you possibly know what the issue is here ???

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In some cases, a problem with the EVAP system; either an EVAP canister or purge solenoid can cause this type of symptom on extremely hot days. Another possibility is that you have an obstruction of fuel somewhere in the fuel system, like the throttle body, fuel injectors or the fuel filter. This could be difficult to diagnose for a professional mechanic as replicating the symptom is going to be difficult; unless it’s a hot day as you indicated. It would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection, to isolate the source of that noise - as that sounds as if it’s a loose drive belt or perhaps something internal.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr