Q: Is there any way to fold down the rear seats while remaining in the car versus going to the trunk and pulling the seat release in

asked by on December 31, 2016

I'm lazy and I don't want to go out in the cold to pull the seat release in the trunk .

Trunk Latch Release Cable Replacement $103.31 - $421.55 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. We all have been in a position where getting out of the car was a hassle. Unfortunately this is one of those situations where there is not much you can do to avoid it. There is a way to access the trunk from the inside, but it involves opening the rear door and taking off a side panel. The amount of work would absolutely not be worth it. There is also the added risk of doing damage to any of the components when removing the panel or seat. The owner’s manual will also have more information about the trunk/seat release. You will find the best information here. If you encounter any issues with the seat, contact our service department.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr