Q: The steering wheel starts getting hard to turn left or right 2005 Ford Five Hundred

when the steel wheel starts getting hard to turn left or right

Hi - your symptoms suggest that the power steering assist has become weak. Check the fluid level on the power steering pump reservoir first. If the fluid level is correct, the power steering pump should be checked to see if its developing adequate pressure, and the steering rack will need to be inspected for worn bushings or other conditions that would cause it to bind. I recommend a steering system inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. The steering wheel starts getting hard to turn left or right 2005 Ford Five Hundred