Q: My car battery keeps dying after a few days of be fully charged my alternator is good what can be the problem?

My car battery keeps dying on me after I fully charge it few days before. My alternator is good, is there anything else that could be draining my battery?

Hi there. On most cars, trucks and SUV’s sold in the US, the battery is used to engage the starter and power accessory components while the engine is not currently running. Due to this fact, if any accessory is left on, it might continue to draw power from the battery, causing it to loose power. This is known as a parasitic drain, and happens more often than it should. Due to the fact that there are more than 40 unique accessories that draw power from the battery while the engine is not running, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic to come to your location and complete a battery will not hold a charge inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of the battery drain and make repairs to resolve this issue.

3. My car battery keeps dying after a few days of be fully charged my alternator is good what can be the problem?