Q: My 2011 Chevrolet Camaro timing chain is broken

asked by on November 06, 2016

what other isssues could a broken timing chain cause on 2011 chevy camaro. 3.6l

The timing chain keeps the internal engine components moving in the correct time. Valves have to open and close at specific times in order to avoid contacting pistons, prevent misfires, etc. If the chain breaks with the car engine at speed, things like the cam and or crankshaft gears can be damaged or broken, valves can bend or break, as well as push rods can break or bend in overhead valve engines. Also, timing chain guides and tensioners should be replaced along with the chain.

If you are the original owner of the vehicle and it is within the 5 year or 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, your local Chevy dealer should be able to make any repairs related to a failed timing chain at no charge. If your vehicle is having any timing chain issues, have a certified technician inspect the vehicle.