Q: Car stays on when clutch is released in gear.

My car stays on when I removed the clutch when it's in gear and It won't accelerate .I connected to a obd reader and got a p0300 code and p0507 pending code.I did a tune up already but didn't change anything.

Hi there. The two OBD-II trouble codes wouldn’t be cause the clutch issue you’re describing. However, the P0507 trouble code means the idle control system has excessively high RPM. The ECU has a specific rpm range the idle is allowed and when it is higher than expected the ECU sets the P0507 code. Once this code is triggered it puts the vehicle into a fail safe mode and the Check Engine Light is illuminated on the dashboard. It’s possible that this deactivated the clutch from releasing internally. There are multiple issues that could be causing this problem from clutch pedal issues to other problems with the hydraulic system. You should have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to accelerate inspection first to determine why you’re having these problems and how to resolve them.

3. Car stays on when clutch is released in gear.