P0341 and p0016 volkswagen 2009 tiguan l4-2.0l turbo

Q: P0341 and p0016

asked by on September 06, 2017

I got a 2009 VW tiguan 4motion SEL 108k. Im getting the following codes P0341 and P0016. I have installed a new OE camshaft position sensor and car still has issues. Car sputters at a light or taking off a light between 1000-2000rpm after that it runs fine to what i can see. During sputtering i get EPC light flashing, obiously check engine ligh workshop required and from time to time oil pressure warning.

I've read in other forums that it may be related to timing chain or oil pump.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Hi Cristian. P0341 is an OBD-II generic code - click this link to read more about the code and possible repairs - that says the engine control module (ECM) detected the engine camshaft position sensor circuit is not within specifications. The sensor pulses do not correlate to the pulses of the crankshaft sensor. The other code you’ve listed is virtually identical. In most cases, although the sensor itself the root cause of the original code, it’s also common for the electrical harness connected to the sensor to be the trigger. As you’ve indicated, a damaged or loose timing chain could also be triggering this code, but that also tends to illuminate other error codes as well. If the electrical harness has not been changed, I would start there, then have a professional mechanic reset the ECU and remove those codes correctly to see if this resolves your issues.