Q: Clunking car when I go over bumps

When I go over bumps in the road, my car clunks and sounds like it would be coming from my steering wheel area. It feels like when I am holding my steering wheel and going over bumps it just feels like it's coming from something in there by the area of it. When I sit in one spot and just turn my steering wheel it clunks. I replaced my control arms, front end links, and sway bar. I don't know what else to do.

A: Basically, bolted on or "jointed&quot...

Basically, any bolted on or "jointed" moving part or bushing could account for noise in the front end. Not included in your list are rack and pinion mounts/bushings, strut bearings, tie rod ends, even brake parts (caliper torque plate), loose lug nuts, loose or worn sub frame bushings, and strut issues, including damage to spring seat rubber mount.

A qualified technician from YourMechanic can make an inspection to isolate the clunking noise using advanced diagnostics, such as chassis ears.