Q: 93 Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme won't start.

asked by on December 27, 2016

The car won't start even after the spark wires were replaced, tries to fire but won't or can't. The car also has a dual over head cam

Hi there. Check the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors and make sure that they are plugged in. If the engine is cranking but not starting then the crankshaft position sensor could have failed. Also, check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if is dirty and plugged in. If the sensor is dirty, clean it with compressed air and then put it back on. It is possible that if the MAF is not functioning, it will make the crankshaft position sensor to not read. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.