Q: Toyota Camry is Leaking Motor Oil

Hi Jose: Based on the location, color, odor and oiliness, I am convinced that my Toyota Camry 2005 is leaking motor oil. What are the most common causes for this? How expensive can a repair (not diagnostic!) get?

Some of the common causes of oil leaks would include the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets, oil filter, and oil drain plug. I would recommend having all of these parts checked by a qualified professional to determine the source of your leak. Once the source of the leak has been determined, be sure to have any faulty parts replaced to prevent oil leaks as oil leaks can lead to serious engine damage.