Q: Q: Shaking at high speeds.

When I'm driving and I get to about 40 mph in my 1999 Ford ranger and it switches into 4th gear my whole truck will shake violently, once I'm in high 4th hear around 45-50 mph it shakes only slightly but not bad, what do you think it could be? I just bought a new battery and got the alternater tested and it's good

Hello There, Shaking at high speeds is often times related to tires that may be out of balance, low on air, potentially a badly aligned front end or failing suspension components or ball joints. When any of these things are not geometrically proper or aligned correctly, this causes an imbalance in the way the vehicle travels down the road and may cause the vehicle to vibrate or shake violently. this type of condition usually gets worse with more speed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Shaking at high speeds.