Q: Replaced a clutch slave cylinder now having trouble bleeding it

asked by on October 12, 2016

I swapped out my clutch slave cylinder and now I've been bleeding my it but the clutch is still hitting the floor and isn't getting any more firm. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is their another issue?

Hi, thanks for writing in. In order to bleed a slave cylinder properly, it should be bench bleed just like a master cylinder. The best way to do this is to secure the slave cylinder into a voice connect plastic tubes into the location where the steel lines connect to the slave cylinder and Route them into the reservoir. You will then want to push in on the slave cylinder piston with the hammer of the handle several times. You will repeat this process until you no longer see air inside the plastic tubes. Once this has been done the slave cylinder is properly bled. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to help you bleed your cylinder.