Q: The check engine light comes on when turning the steering wheel.

When i start my car the check light off When I'm trying to turn the stering wheel the light is illumination?pls help me

Hi there. When the check engine light comes on when turning the steering wheel, this usually is for the power steering system. There could be an issue with the power steering pump or the rack and pinion steering system. I recommend getting a code reader and viewing the codes that the computer is storing for the engine light to put you in the right direction for proper diagnostics. If you need further assistance with your engine light coming on when turning the steering wheel, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.