Q: Car shudders and loses power

When I am driving on the freeway, the car feels like it is losing and gaining power. And it shudders.

Hi. There are a couple things that need to be checked out. There are various sensors on the car that help keep the engine running by giving it enough air to fully combust all of the fuel. Over time, the sensors can become dirty which will give inaccurate readings or the sensors will begin to fail. The shuddering could be related, but is most likely an issue with wheel balance or alignment. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the power issue and suggest an appropriate repair.

3. Car shudders and loses power