Q: 2012 equinox reduced power light engine light and traction light came on. Lost a lot of power got home and all light except engine

2012 equinox Reduced power light Engine light And traction light All came on Lost power to about 40 mpg Got home had car sit now All lights off except engine light. Turned car over and trying to start but won't. Pls help.

A: Your car has what is called a "safe mo...

Your car has what is called a "safe mode" that will be engaged by the computer when it detects that something critical has gone wrong related to any of the major components in your engine chassis or power train. This may be related to a number of things, most of which should have been registered in the computer when the check engine light came on. I recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect your check engine light and diagnose any codes registered by your vehicle’s computer.