Q: What does it mean if the Tire Pressure Monitoring System indicator comes on in the dash?

What does it mean if the Tire Pressure Monitoring System indicator comes on in the dash?

Your car is equipped with a pretty advanced system designed to monitor the amount of air in your tires (the tire pressure monitoring system, or TPMS). The light will come on for a number of different reasons. Here’s what you should know:

1. It comes on for a few seconds during startup but then should turn off.

2. If it comes on when you’re driving, it might indicate a problem with the TPMS system itself (the TPMS light is not the same as the Low Tire Pressure light).

3. It could be on because you have the spare tire mounted on the car. The spare doesn’t have a sensor, so the TPMS thinks there’s something wrong. It should go out after you have the tire replaced and the regular wheel back on the car.

3. What does it mean if the Tire Pressure Monitoring System indicator comes on in the dash?