Q: Brakes go to floor and are squeaky...

asked by on December 03, 2016

Replaced front brake pads, front calipers, master cylinder, 1 brake line, back wheel cylinders and brakes still go to floor. Brakes were bled several times to no avail. Someone said I might need the ABS modulator replaced. Just wondered what your diagnosis might be.

The brake booster is a mechanism that uses vacuum pressure to take the force being applied to the brake pedal and amplify it. If the booster is bad, then the full amount of force needed to activate the master cylinder and pressurize the brake fluid isn’t going to be there. The pedal will go all the way to the floor and the car will be harder to stop. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system.