Q: Power steering issues - 1991 Dodge Dynasty

My car was running well until I hit a large pothole. Immediately after that, there were no issues, so I drove and then parked the car. When I was about to drive it the next day, I found out that the power steering failed. I checked the fluid right away. It was at the proper level and there were no leaks either. I checked the belt and it's fine. I had the tie rods replaced. Now, I can drive the car but it takes a lot of force to operate the power steering. What could be causing this?

It is possible that the power steering flow control valve, which regulates the power assist to the steering rack, is stuck in the closed, or "reduced assist" position. Have the steering system checked for proper assist pressure to the steering rack. A flush of the power steering system fluid may be in order. A professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, can provide this diagnosis and repair to your power steering.

3. Power steering issues - 1991 Dodge Dynasty