Q: Engine threw a rod out of the engine due to water being sucked in. 2004 Toyota Tundra

I bought a 2001 Toyota tundra extra cab 4.7 5th digit T, my 2004 has 5th digit T. WL engines interchange with any problems?

Hello - the engine designation within the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is position 8. An engine coming out of another 2000-2006 Tundra with the same digit in position 8 should be the correct match. If you have the V6 engine, you should stick with a V6 replacement. If you have the V8, selecting a 2005 or 2006 version of that engine will get you a few more horsepower. Make sure you get the wiring harness and engine computer from the donor vehicle for compatibility and ease of a swap. Good luck!

3. Engine threw a rod out of the engine due to water being sucked in. 2004 Toyota Tundra