Q: Vibration coming from wheel and brake pedal when I'm idle

About a week ago after a long drive my car started to have a vibration every time I move it out of park into drive or when I'm idle at a light or traffic. I was advised to change the spark plugs and air filter. Which I did. I changed all four of them to platinum iridium. I know my transmission oil is a little low too but I didn't get a chance to top that off yet. As I started to drive it when everything was changed I felt no vibration up until i was idle again or if I was pressing down on the brake pedal. As soon as I start moving and remove my foot from the brake the vibration stops. I've also noticed that I have to press the gas pedal a little more to accelerate than before, almost like Im over working the car. As of know no leaks, no check engine lights, or noises.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Scion xA. You need to check the brake booster to see if it has a vacuum leak in the check valve or booster when you are pressing on the brakes. If you hear a vacuum leak or notice a low idle or rough idle only when you press on the brakes then you know these is a problem in the brake booster. If you would like to have this looked into, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the vibration and determine the cause of the issue.

3. Vibration coming from wheel and brake pedal when I'm idle