Q: Vibration coming from wheel and brake pedal when I'm idle

asked by on August 23, 2016

About a week ago after a long drive my car started to have a vibration every time I move it out of park into drive or when I'm idle at a light or traffic. I was advised to change the spark plugs and air filter. Which I did. I changed all four of them to platinum iridium. I know my transmission oil is a little low too but I didn't get a chance to top that off yet. As I started to drive it when everything was changed I felt no vibration up until i was idle again or if I was pressing down on the brake pedal. As soon as I start moving and remove my foot from the brake the vibration stops. I've also noticed that I have to press the gas pedal a little more to accelerate than before, almost like Im over working the car. As of know no leaks, no check engine lights, or noises.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Scion xA. You need to check the brake booster to see if it has a vacuum leak in the check valve or booster when you are pressing on the brakes. If you hear a vacuum leak or notice a low idle or rough idle only when you press on the brakes then you know these is a problem in the brake booster. If you would like to have this looked into, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the vibration and determine the cause of the issue.