Q: Airbag light stayed on after battery change

Strange thing happened this morning - the Airbag Light came on, after changing the car battery. It has never come on before. What caused this?

The light might have came on before you disconnected the bad battery due to low voltage to the system. Once you put in the new battery, the system still has a stored code and the light will be on until it is scanned and checked, then cleared of any codes. You may have another problem that may have just appeared as well, and will need a scan of your warning lights performed to find the problem.

3. Airbag light stayed on after battery change