Q: How much for a head gasket replacement job?

Recently found oil in my coolant have read it's most likely I have a head gasket problem. The coolant looks black and checked the oil it feels milky. How much would replacing the head gaskets cost?

Hi There, It sounds like you may be correct in that this is a classic sign of a blown head gasket. A blown head gasket may cause a number of different symptoms. Coolant in the engine oil, an engine misfire or oil leaking from the engine could all be a symptom. Each of these symptoms could also have other causes and an actual blown head gasket may show none of the above symptoms. Symptoms will often vary considerably, depending on how the gasket fails. Head gaskets may fail in several different ways. With each failure type different symptoms may result. The symptoms each person sees depend on how and where the head gasket fails. Head gaskets may fail in several different ways. For example, a restricted radiator may cause an engine to overheat, very much the same as a head gasket failure. Often times, intake gaskets will fail causing coolant to leak into the oil. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose the symptoms you describe.

3. How much for a head gasket replacement job?