Q: Buzzing/Vibrating sound when car starts. Check engine light went on

asked by on August 17, 2017

Hi I have a Hyundai Accent GLS 2015 and recently my check engine light went off and I notice that when I start my car I hear a loud buzzing sound and the car seems a little shakey/vibrating. But when I'm driving and stop at a red light my car doesn't make that sound anymore. Other than that I notice nothing else possibly wrong. Would you be able to give me some possible answers as to what it could be?

You may be hearing the ABS motor going bad or the cooling fan motor is vibrating. You should have the check engine light checked for stored codes and it may point to the component that is making the noise so it can be inspected and diagnosed. If codes do not point you into the right direction then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come to you and check and diagnose the problem for you.