Q: Would a click, click sound (battery 100% charged) mean a bad starter solenoid, or bad alternator?

My truck is old, but in beautiful shape and well maintained. However, I've been traveling lately and It has sat in the driveway without being driven. The last time this happened, I plugged in my battery charger and the next a.m.., it started right up. This time it still wont start despite a full charge....and the Click, Click, Click sound.

My car has an automatic transmission. It's an 8 cyl F150 XL

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. The issue your vehicle is having may be caused by faulty wiring such as corroded battery to starter wiring or a loose battery terminal. The most likely causes are a bad starter or a faulty starter relay. I suggest that you have a technician evaluated things I mentioned to help further diagnose your vehicle. You’re able to find a technician and schedule an appointment for such diagnosis here https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

• Would a click, click sound (battery 100% charged) mean a bad starter solenoid, or bad alternator?