Transmission light illuminated bmw transmissions v8-4.8l ...

Q: Transmission light illuminated

asked by on August 16, 2016

The transmission light came on in my car. I took it to the transmission shop and they had it examined. However, they didn't find anything wrong with it so I took it back. The dashboard is still showing the transmission light illuminated. I'm concerned about this.If there is nothing wrong with it, why is the light on? Do you have any suggestion what I should do now?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2008 BMW 750i. If the transmission light is on, there’s a 98% guarantee that the transmission has developed a flaw. I suggest that you attempt to have the trouble code retrieved by a different technician. There is likely something that the first technician missed. If there are no faults present, reset the light, and if it returns, we will know that there is another issue present, such as a shorted transmission light bulb circuit. If you want to have this looked at, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your Transmission Light and let you know what repair is needed.