Q: I have a 2010 ford fusion. The check engine light is on. My car jerks while driving. The rpm goes up and down while driving.help?

I have a 2010 ford fusion. The check engine light is on. My car jerks while driving. The rpm goes up and down while driving. Sometimes when accelerating or at a constant speed. When traveling at a constant speed, and have to brake. The rmp falls well below 0, shoot back up and the jerking starts again or the battery light comes on and it cuts off sometimes. But it always starts back up. What could be the cause?

Hi there. Usually an engine that is displaying these type of symptoms is caused by a fuel system restriction, a vacuum leak or a sensor that has a faulty connection and is causing inconsistent or misfiring cylinders. Since the check engine light is on, the best way to determine the source of this issue is to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection. This will allow them to download the stored error codes that are causing the light to illuminate on the dashboard, which is most likely the source of your Fusion’s problems.

3. I have a 2010 ford fusion. The check engine light is on. My car jerks while driving. The rpm goes up and down while driving.help?