Q: What should I do if my window isn’t closing correctly?

What should I do if my window isn’t closing correctly?

Your windows have a feature called “jam protection”. Basically, it’s designed to sense if there’s an obstruction between the glass and the top of the door. If there is, the window won’t close all the way. It will “bounce” back a little bit. If this happens but there’s nothing in the way, here’s what you should do:

1. Turn the engine off but leave the ignition in the on position.

2. Pull up on the button on the driver side door to put it in one-touch mode, but keep pulling up. Hold it until the window closes completely.

3. If the window still doesn’t close, pull up for a full six seconds.

4. If it still doesn’t work, roll it completely down and keep the button pressed for two seconds after it’s completely down.

5. Pull up on the switch and raise the window. Keep the switch up for a full two seconds after the window has closed.

6. If this doesn’t work, have the car inspected.