Q: Loud rattling coming from bottom of car

I can hear a loud rattling noise coming from the bottom of the car, It sounds as if something is loose and coming apart when I go over bumps or drive on rough roads. I also have an oil leak somewhere.

A: Hi. This should be inspected soon as damage...

Hi. This should be inspected soon as damage to the underside of the car can be costly. There are metal and rubber mounts that hold up the exhaust system which over time can become loose. This could also cause damage to the catalytic converter which is used to clean the exhaust coming out of the engine. Both of these systems are costly to replace and it is much cheaper to prevent them from being damaged in the first place. One of our certified technicians would be able to inspect the noise to determine the location of the noise.