Q: changed electronic throttle body, wrench lights when stopping hard and taking off fast, lose power

asked by on March 01, 2017

I was having issues with my car periodically losing power(wrench light on) felt like it was driving only in first gear. Look up on the internet issue and noticed it sounded like the throttle body needed cleaning. Once I did that no problems for like 2 months, then the same thing would happen. Cleaned the throttle again and it ran good for like 3 weeks. Then I said let me buy a new throttle body, and the car was working good until I to stop short behind a car. Once I did that the wrench light went on and I lost power. Turning the engine off and then back on seems to get rid of the problem. But I cannot speed off fast nor stop short. So the past couple of months I have been driving very careful... I tried doing to the relearn procedure by disconnecting the battery (even used the jumping wire from postive to neg to clear capacitor). It would run good for a day. I dont have the money to take to dealership... but my next thing would be to changed the gas pedal sensor...

Hi there. The wrench light is a service indicator light that is designed to alert the driver that routine service or maintenance is required. In some cases, this light is illuminated when excessive carbon is detected in the fuel system. The throttle body is often the first component to become clogged, but is it shortly followed by fuel injectors. It is very likely that the fuel injectors simply need to be cleaned. However, it could be something entirely different, which is why before you spend another dollar on chasing parts replacement, it is better to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a service warning light is on inspection.