Q: Have new fuel pump but 2002 Saab 9-3 is stuttering and dies while drivjng

asked by on April 12, 2017

Have new fuel pump but now my Saab 9-3 stutters and dies while driving which is why I purchased new fuel

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. If you have reason to believe that the issue is fuel related, start by testing the fuel pressure at the engine. This can be done with an in-line gauge, and is relatively easy to do. Secondly the engine may be having a spark or fuel issue as well. If you have not already had the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes, do so to verify the computer has not already detected the issue (even without a check engine light). Also make sure your spark plugs are in good condition, and that your exhaust is not restricted. Only further testing will tell. For more help with diagnostics or repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.