Q: Grand Cherokee 1999 Side Swiped Door Replacement Possibly.

I have a grand cherokee 1999. So my car is side swiped, both doors are destroyed physically but operate well; open and close. How much will this cost? is it even worth it?

My first recommendation would be to determine how many miles the vehicle has and memorize it. Then I would look over your vehicle and give it your honest opinion of its condition (assuming that the doors were fixed). Then I would determine the value of your vehicle by using KBB.com or NADA.com. Once you have determined the value of your vehicle, this will give you an idea of how much your vehicle is worth. I would then call around to local auto body shops and ask for quotes on door replacement. Once you have these quotes, compare them to the value of your vehicle. If the cost of the door replacement will exceed the value of the vehicle after the door gets replaced, I would advise against replacing the doors. If the door replacement cost is only about 25-50% of what the vehicle will be worth after it gets fixed, I may choose to get the doors replaced. It also depends on how bad the damage bothers you, your financial situation, and how much you like your vehicle. I would take all of these things into consideration before making a desicion on whether or not to replace the doors.