Q: 2013 Ford Edge engine light flashing

The engine light just started flashing.

If your check engine light is flashing it is most likely an engine misfire that is causing it to blink on and off when it is misfiring. You will have to have the computer scanned for codes to see what the code is stored in the computer. You will then be able to do the pinpoint test on that code and locate the cause. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic scan the computer and isolate the cause for you. You may have intake runner control issues also.

A flashing check engine light indicates a problem that should be corrected immediately. The vehicle should be driven as little as possible until the problem is corrected. A number of faulty components can cause this to happen. If for a faulty ignition coil can cause misfiring in one or multiple cylinders. Misfiring can cause mechanical damage to the engine if not addressed immediately. Low fuel pressure due to a faulty fuel pump or fuel injector can cause the same situation. Have a technician inspect the vehicle as soon as possible to find the exact cause. Continued driving with a flashing check engine light can lead to more severe damage.

3. 2013 Ford Edge engine light flashing