Q: I have a lighting bolt icon on my dashboard

asked by on June 27, 2016

I had a cracked raditor which was replaced..and my car later on in the day was unsure if it was gonna overheat or not so when it finally went on the H.on the thermoter my car shut down so i let it rest for 30 minutes then it started back up then i let it sit over night.This morning when i started it the check engine light came on then the lighting bolt popped on

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The lightning bolt symbol on a Dodge vehicle illuminates when the computer detects an issue with the vehicle’s electronic throttle control. Modern vehicles use electronically controlled throttle bodies to control the amount of air that enters the engine.

If the throttle body or its circuit have any problems it can cause the vehicle to experience drivability issues such as the ones you are experiencing.

A faulty electronic throttle body may cause the vehicle to stall, hesitate on acceleration, and in some cases may even render the vehicle undrivable. I would recommend having the computer scanned for trouble codes to see if any other issues may be present. If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the warning light and any other potential issues you may be having with the car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr