Q: door lock problem

doors comes up on the message screen above the mileage, and then the doors start locking and unlocking at random. not all at once, but randomly, wont start with the same door everytime. it happens constantly, several times a minute

Hi there:

Based on your question and the information listed, it’s possible that you’ve got an exposed wire somewhere in your vehicle that is causing a short with your door locking mechanism. Sometimes this issue is caused by a faulty relay from the power door locks on the driver or passenger side to the control module under the dashboard. To know for certain, you should probably contact a local mechanic and have them complete an electrical problems inspection.