Q: Tires and rims keep getting damaged

The tires and rims on my car keep getting worn and I'm not sure how to handle this problem. Once while I was driving on the highway at a usual speed, the tire made a thudding noise. Then it wobbled and I had to pull over. I found the rim in the seal to be split. This occurred again. First there was wobbling and when I looked at it, the rim was split in the seal of the back tire. What should I do to prevent this from happening again?

A: Hello. There could be a problem with the su...

Hello. There could be a problem with the suspension on your car. The control arm, ball joint, and inner or outer tie rod could be damaged. This will cause excessive wear on the tires.

There could also be damage to the rim causing the problem that you describe. It is possible that the type of tires that you are installed on the vehicle are defective as well. I would suggest that you have brakes, steering and suspension inspected by a certified technician, who can pinpoint your problem and help follow through with repairs.