Q: For a 2012 Mazda CX5 Diesel, Model# LDA-KE2FW: Will I have problems if I remove the insert of the blocked Catalytic Converter?

I have a 2012 Mazda CX5 Diesel bought from Japan. Model# LDA-KE2FW; Engine# SH-30215830; Chasis#: KE2FW-103452. The Catalytic Converter is blocked and the diesel in my country is bad. I was advised to remove the insert and run it without the ceramic insert. My concern is that there are a few sensors on the converter and my DFP indicator light was on before it shut down. Would this affect the car's performance or do i need to get a new catalytic converter (which will block up back again).

If the DPF filter is plugged up and the DPF light is on, then the DPF filter needs to be replaced. If you were to remove the filter and not use it, then the emissions output will be higher than normal and the DPF light will not go out. I recommend replacing the DPF filter, but if you are still having an issue, then I suggest replacing the catalytic converter system. If you need further assistance with your DPF light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. For a 2012 Mazda CX5 Diesel, Model# LDA-KE2FW: Will I have problems if I remove the insert of the blocked Catalytic Converter?