Q: Damage to rear axle housing ends.

On a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7L V8 RWD, is the part of the rear axle housing where the seal and wheel bearings go in replaceable? On some diagrams at the end of the axle housing, the part looks separate. I had a damaged wheel bearing that ended up putting sort of a dent where the bearing sits.

A: Im sorry to tell you that the bearing housi...

Im sorry to tell you that the bearing housing is not generally replaceable. Once it’s damaged or dented, it’s nearly impossible to fix. You can check with a local rear end builder or hot rod shop to see if they can weld a new axle tube on. It might be less expensive to get a used rear end from a donor truck at a scrap yard.