Q: Blown engine

I took my car to a repair shop to repair a power steering hose and asked for an oil change. Driving home after picking up my car, I stopped at two places and while enroute to my second stop, my check engine light came on. Once I got home, I checked my gas cap to make sure it was tightened. It was. The next morning, my car would not start and there was a knocking and popping sound. What could have went wrong? My car was running fine besides the power hose.

A: Check you dipstick to make sure that the pr...

Check you dipstick to make sure that the proper amount of oil was installed. It’s possible that someone forgot to re-fill the engine oil. It could also just be a coincidence that the Check Engine Light came on after the service. Take the car back into the shop or have another certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Check Engine Light in person in order to have this resolved correctly.