Q: Car loses power uphill, makes clanking sound - 1995 Chevrolet Corsica

My car has gone 190,000 miles. I have difficulty driving the car uphill as it loses power so I cannot go past 35 mph. It would also make some loud "clank" sounds ocassionally. Is the engine going out? What do you think?

A: Hey there. You don’t mention the conditions...

Hey there. You don’t mention the conditions under which the "clank" occurs - while accelerating, cornering, braking, etc., but I would have a professional mechanic like YourMechanic check out your vehicle. Loss of power could be a clogged catalytic converter, clogged fuel filter, low compression or other high-mileage wear issue. The mechanic should also check for any problem codes. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the loss of power and perform the correct repairs.