Q: when stepping on gas the auto doesn't want to move but it seems the wheels are spinning

asked by on October 25, 2016

when stepping on gas the auto doesn't want to move but it seems the wheels are spinning

Hi there. If the wheels are spinning but the vehicle is not moving then the tires are more than likely work out. If it feels like the wheels are spinning, but they actually are not, then the transmission is failing. This car is notorious for having transmission failures. It can also be a broken cv axle but that is not as common. You really should have a transmission specialist take a look at your car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr