Q: Brand new wiper motor keeps blowing the fuse.

The wipers quit working so I replaced the wiper motor with a brand new one. That fixed the wipers for a couple days. Then yesterday they stopped working again and keeps blowing the fuse when I turn the truck ignition to the on position. I can't find any shorts, doesn't mean they're not there I just can't find them.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the wiper switch is in the "off" position and yet the fuse protecting the wiper circuit blows when you turn the ignition system on, there may be something wrong with the wiper switch itself in combination with a short somewhere. In other words, although key "on" is supposed to make power "available" to the wiper motor circuit, the switch must be on, or somehow, "bypassed", for the fuse in the wiper circuit to blow. Really, the only thing you can do in a circumstance like this is physically trace the circuit, testing for integrity as you go, until you find the fault. Obviously, the fault exists and admittedly it is laborious to go through all the wiring and the components but that is the only option. Of course, in some cases, it can actually be easier to just to re-wire a circuit, based on the original wiring diagram (from the Factory Service Manual) as at least that’s a guarantee that it will function as intended when you’re done. If you want the necessary steps (diagnostic or re-wire) performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a non functioning electrical component diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.