Q: My engine started misfiring on my way home from work today. should I have it towed to my mechanic or is it safe to drive to have it fixed.

asked by on December 18, 2016

My engine started misfiring on my way home from work today. The check engine light was flashing and the engine was idling badly at full stops and the oil gauge was fluctuating. I made it home, but should i have it towed to my mechanic or is it safe to drive to have it fixed. Thank you.

Hi there. It is not good to drive a vehicle with an engine that is misfiring and running rough as it can damage the engine. When the engine light was flashing, that meant that something went wrong at that moment and with the gauges fluctuating, there could be a loss of electrical connection or a serious engine problem. I recommend having your vehicle towed to prevent any damages to the engine. If you need further assistance with engine misfiring, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.