Q: My car has been having issues staring I turn the key and no clicking or sound happens lights still work and I know not battery

asked by on October 04, 2016

My car has been having issues starting got a test alternator was good but bad battery. Continue having issues with car not starting I turn the key nothing happens no clicking or sound at all. While starting someone tapped on starter doubt it's starter. Any ideas of what it could be ?

There are several issues that could possibly cause this issue. A bad connection, a failed starter (or starter solenoid), a bad relay, or any number of other possibilities. It would be best to have a certified mechanic do some diagnostic testing to pinpoint where the problem is located. If you find you are needing help identifying where the no start issue could be coming from, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home, or place of business, and perform the diagnosis and repairs.