Q: My car has had trouble down shifting. Usually starts after a few minutes of driving. Codes: P07A4 and P2701

This car began shifting hard between St. Louis and Chicago. But intermittently. Completed the trip and began shifting hard when slowing near end of trip. At one point wouldn't go on reverse. Ran codes and looks like two solenoids need replacing. But this car doesn't have solenoids. Actuators instead. I'm not sure which actuators to replace or if the actuators are even the problem. Please help.

Hi there. On your transmission there is an actuator (solenoid) for the Overdrive clutch. The code is coming as P2701 for the Overdrive clutch actuator (solenoid) not working and is your main cause of the transmission shifting issue. The code P07A4 is for Ford specific, meaning it is specific to your power plant and not generic. I recommend replacing the Overdrive clutch actuator (solenoid). If you need further assistance with your transmission hard shifting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.